Friday, January 9, 2009

Mantyhose..are you kidding me?!!


You think I'm kidding, don't you?
I came across an article on MSN today about the new trend among men....MANTYHOSE.
I thought this was joke when I read the headline. But come to find out there are men out there that utilize this piece of constricting legwear. It's touted as "... tougher, less delicate than women's pantyhose, but not as bulky as long underwear."
As I read the rest of the article it goes on to say that men want to shape, lift, sculpt and suck in their beer bellies and this contraption will do the trick. And if they aren't happy with the Mantyhose, a Mirdle (Man Girdle) is available for purchase.
Blame it on the Europeans. It all started with the men over there who've been sporting the hose for several years. The disturbing part of it all is that the Mantyhose come in a variety of different designs and colors! If my husband ever came to bed wearing a pair of purple fishnets, I'd have to revoke his "man card".
Quite honestly, I love my big guy- gut and all. Nothing is sexier than a guy comfortable in his own skin. And nothing is more unattractive than a guy that is so self-absorbed that he feels a need to wear mantyhose....(or a Speedo-- but that's an entirely different subject).
Long live the beer gut.
Long live real men.

1 comment: